Saturday, June 27, 2009
5 Hours
This morning at 9 I left Jody and Henry at home to run some errands and didn't get home until 2. Believe it or not, that's the longest I've been away from Henry ever. And I have to say it was awesome to have all that time to myself! I even got my hair cut. Jody and Henry enjoyed some good bonding time together, too. And speaking of firsts, Jody put Henry to bed last night! He fell asleep on the way home from dinner so all he had to do was scoop him up and carry him to his crib, but it was still a big deal to me that someone else put him to bed. Anyway, slowly but surely Henry and I are becoming separate people. It feels like it's time, but also is bittersweet. And speaking of sweets, I got on an ice cream kick this evening and made 3 different flavors - lavender vanilla bean, lemon velvet and raspberry wine sorbet. Mmmmm. I LOVE ice cream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's soooo cool! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Happy mommy, happy daddy, happy Henry - just as it should be!
Post a Comment