This week Henry has been making the sign for milk while nursing and then this morning he signed that he wanted it before nursing! So the rest of the day when I sensed he wanted to nurse (which is quite frequent these days - growth spurt?), I would pretend I didn't notice and then he would make the sign. So exciting! I was starting to give up on signing altogether because it's hard to remember to do it all the time. He was very pleased with himself that he could let me know exactly what he wanted.
He's also started be-bopping up and down when he hears music. Here he is dancing with his lion walker.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great! Signing will make your life sooooooo much easier until Henry can express himself with words. It made those crucial months between understanding and verbalization unbelievably smooth with Bailey. We only did very basic stuff like please, thank you, more, eat, and it was fantastic.
Post a Comment