Thursday, April 2, 2009
Sick
Henry and I have been sick for several days now. We both have super runny noses and a cough. I just went to the doc today and my self-diagnosis was confirmed - I have a sinus infection. I didn't know your face could hurt that much and I can't believe all the medicine the guy wants me to take. I'm on antibiotics, afrin, mucinex and I have to do a sinus cleanse twice daily where you squirt water up one nostril and it comes out the other (tmi?). Henry is handling everything quite well and hardly seems to notice he's sick save for the frantic rubbing of his nose from time to time. When I first started blowing my nose he thought it was hilarious, though the novelty has worn off by now. He's also learned about kleenexes - when I try to wipe his nose, he snatches it away and holds it up to mine. So cute. My parents came to town two days ago so that has been a huge help. I've also discovered that I can let Henry crawl around on the shower floor while I take a shower so now I can take showers more regularly. Yay! Henry has also started using his index finger to point at things in books and push buttons. What a clever boy. My parents made lemongrass soup for us for dinner tonight and Amy came over, too, and we made some cookies. I just hope I'm not contagious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment