Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Starfish

Yesterday was Henry's first day of swimming lessons at our neighborhood pool. He's in the starfish level and there are only 3 other kids in the class (one of whom is named Henry! And we met 2 other Henrys yesterday at Flynn's party. So much for choosing an uncommon name!) Henry loves being in the water so classes are going well. We've practiced blowing bubbles, kicking, gliding, and floating on his back. Today my parents were in town so they came with us to watch. After playgroup today I called to see how my mom's treatment was going and we decided that my dad and I would trade places and he would watch Henry. It was nice being with my mom. I haven't been able to go with her in a long time since they don't allow babies (actually I saw today that they don't allow children under 12!) We both ended up taking a nap, but it was still nice to just be there together. This evening I went to Bikram yoga with one of the secretaries at Jody's office and a spouse of one of his coworkers. I was really dreading it, but actually it was not that bad and I feel super relaxed now. Especially since while I was gone Jody fed Henry dinner, bathed him, and put him to bed! He said that Henry blew him a kiss when he left the room. Awwwwwww. How precious!
This weekend I worked hard on a cowboy birthday cake and cupcakes for Flynn's first birthday party on Sunday. I was a little nervous since I'm out of practice in the baking department, but I think they turned out really cute. Here are the pics:
Smash Cake
Let's go party, pardner!

2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

I'm so, so glad you got to be with your mom. That's really special!

Lori said...

LUUUV that cowboy cake! You are so talented, G! I may have to comission that one for John's party next year. And Henry's cowpoke outfit is too cute!