Saturday, June 14, 2008

Henry Is Here!

Henry Griffith Meraz
was born on June 12, 2008 at 11:40am.
He weighed 7lbs, 13.4 oz and measured 21.25 inches long.
For more pics go to www.hendrixweb.com/henry


After two days of waiting, we got a call from the hospital at 1am and they told us to arrive at 2am! Even though they weren't going to induce me right away, they wanted to go ahead and put me in a room so they could monitor me and put me on IV fluids. At 6:30am they started me on pitocin and at 6:45am my doctor stopped by and broke my water. My labor started soon thereafter and I thought I was going to die by about 7:30! They gave me some demerol, but it had no effect so at 8:30 I got an epidural. After that it was a piece of cake! My parents and Gretchen arrived about 9:30 so we all hung out until they checked my status at about 11am and I was already 9 cm dilated so everyone but Jody left and the nurse, La Shonda, said we were going to start pushing just to see how things were going. After one round of pushing, she said we'd better stop because she could already see the baby's head and needed to tell my doctor to come. So a few minutes later my doctor came and at 11:40 am, Henry was born!

No comments: