Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Inducement

Today I went in for what I thought was just a regular doctor's appointment where she says, yep, the baby could come any day now; call me when you go into labor. But instead, she was concerned about the size of my uterus (hasn't grown much since last week or the week before) so she did an ultrasound to check the fluid levels and determined that they're a bit low so we should go ahead and induce! She called the hospital, but they said they're booked and I should call back at noon. So my doctor sent me home to pack (meanwhile the tile guy was here finishing up our shower). I raced out of the parking garage and got Jody on the phone to tell him the scoop. Then I frantically started cleaning the house and finishing packing. Jody got here just before noon, but I called and they said to call back at two because there was still no room. To make a long story short, we called back at 4 and 6 and then they said we should wait 'til the morning. We'll call at 5am tomorrow to see when we can get in! Here are a couple silly pregnancy pics we took while we were waiting around today. Name spoiler alert!


They only let me have clear liquids so Jody got me some popcicles and Jello-O to eat.


As soon as we found out at 6pm that we would have to wait until the morning, we got in the car and went out for a nice dinner together. I hadn't had real food since 8 this morning! It's been an exciting day and great to get to hang out with Jody all afternoon and prepare for tomorrow.

2 comments:

hendrix said...

G, you look like you belong on the cover of some pregnancy magazine.

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys and little Henry!!!! Love the belly picture :)