Saturday, January 23, 2010
Quack!
Just waddled back from Ava's first birthday party (Ava is Henry's second cousin). The theme was rubber duckies and I made her birthday cake. Fortunately, Aunt Mollie drove it to the party so I didn't have to hold my breath over every little bump in the road from here to Austin!
We were in Drips before the party and Henry was looking at the growth chart my parents have on their wall and pointed to the letters at the bottom. Then he said, "N R Y Henry!" We write his name all the time, but I think it's so cool that he recognizes letters now and starts trying to spell his name! The other day he opened the cookie cutter drawer and pointed to the box of alphabet cutters. I told him they were letters and he started saying the letters he knows. Then I said, "Do you know what numbers are?" and he actually stuck his little index finger up and in Henryspeak said, "un oo ee." Wow! His memory amazes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment