Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
Maybe it's just another Hallmark holiday, but I think moms really need a special day to be celebrated and told that they're appreciated. Jody gave me a wonderful first mother's day with a super cute card from Henry and a one hour massage and "spa" dinner. It was heavenly (and well deserved, I might add! ;) )
Also, Happy One Year Anniversary to Elliott and Caroline! Elliott flew to Houston to celebrate with Caroline who is still here helping her mom move after her house flooded. We got to have them and Caroline's family over for dinner on Saturday which was lots of fun. I think we're going to have to kidnap Caroline so she can't go back to New Jersey.

On Friday we went to check out the art cars on display at Discovery Green. There are some pretty wacky people out there. I hope to be one of them some day.

We went to Weimar on Saturday to visit Gretchen and Chris and checked out the German Gedenke festival where we ate plenty of tasty sausages. Henry checked out Chris's tractor and told me later that he wants one for his birthday.

No comments: