Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stairs

We had a big day today! First, we went to Emma's birthday party at Gravitas. She's Flynn's mommy and they're in our Tuesday playgroup. She's from Australia so we got to meet some super nice Aussies and listen to their cool accents. Then we went to James' first birthday party which had a Curious George theme. James did a great job opening all his gifts. Then the Bethancourts came over for some homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce. John was climbing up the stairs and after watching him a few times, Henry decided to try it out and he climbed ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!!! I couldn't believe it! My parents got here soon after they left and got to say goodnight to Henry before I put him to bed. Then, they stayed here and Jody and I went out to dinner all by ourselves! Woohoo!
Here's my recipe for chocolate sauce:

Philip's Chocolate Sauce

In a double boiler, melt:
1 stick butter
3 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate
Add:
3 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
pinch of salt
Cook, stirring occasionally sugar has dissolved.
Store in refrigerator.

No comments: